January 2019


Last semester, I got the opportunity to volunteer for many wonderful organizations such as Habitats for Humanity and Green Light New Orleans.  This semester I hope to expand on this and reach out to more people in the community. I am excited about volunteering with Green Light New Orleans because I got to connect with a lot of Tulane students while also meeting the people of New Orleans. Through this origination, I helped the residents get more energy efficient LED lightbulbs and I hope to continue this and reduce the carbon footprint.  
In addition, I didn’t get a chance last semester to volunteer at Children’s Hospital but I am committed to making it happen this semester. I used to work with Dr. Baum until he retired and he would show magic tricks to his patients during their visit. While working under him, I learned a lot of these tricks as well. My project this semester is to go to Children’s Hospital and show kids, who are going through rehab, these magic tricks. This will not only be fun for these kids but it will also improve their fine motor skills. I also hope to expand this project to other hospitals such as Tulane Lakeside and I also hope to get more people involved as well in the future.  
Furthermore, this semester will be just as stressful as last and I am particularly nervous about the NBME exam. This semester has added challenges because we are taking four electives but it also means we have an opportunity to expand our knowledge base as we prepare for medical school. Thankfully, the first exam went well but second exam is fast approaching.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2019

April 2019