April 2019

The month of April was amazing as I had fun doing many volunteering activities. For example, I helped organize a seminar for a doctor, Dr. Raheem. This seminar was open to the public and the doctor talked about various issues such as men’s health. In addition, one of my other activity this month was with Green Light New Orleans. This was a physically challenging activity as I had to lift 55 pounds pavers. I was in charge of dropping off these pavers to many homes as they can use used as support for the rain barrels. This was an interesting month as I got to do activities that were and weren’t medically related. I can certainly say that I learned many things for all of these activities. 

In all, this semester and the whole program has been amazing as I got to participate in various volunteering activities that helped me grow as a person. Coming into this program, I had very little community service in non-medical field, and therefore, I volunteered for organizations such as habitat for humanity throughout this program. However, my favorite memory has to be volunteering at a local school where I talked to the students about careers in science particularly being a physician. The smiles on the students face and their curiosity still bring a smile to my face. I certainly will carry on the commitments towards community service as I move into medical school. In medical school, I hope I can take this to the next level and inspire more students to take part in their community service. 

Total hours: 24.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2019